Showing all 11 results
What Real Users Say About 3M Water Filters
Outdoor Water Filters in Malaysia – Your Complete Guide
Let’s be honest, despite being a truly wonderful place to live, Malaysia is a country that is not blessed with outstanding water quality.
If you want to drink/use water, it often has to be filtered first. And the best way is through an outdoor water filter.
But with so many outdoor water filter brands on the market, it is not an easy decision for you to pick one.
That’s why we made this guide to help you understand everything about outdoor water filtration systems. Let’s dive in.
What is an Outdoor Water Filter?
An outdoor water filter is a water filtration system which is being installed as a “point-of-entry” filter to provide clean water for the entire house.
Outdoor water filters work by providing cleaner water right from the point-of-entry for whole house water usage. It filters water in your kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.
Is the Water Filtered from an Outdoor Water Filter Safe to Drink?
While a top-quality outdoor water filter like 3M AP902 removes sediments, particulate, sand and rust down to 5 microns (10 times finer than a strand of hair!), an indoor water filter is still recommended for drinking purposes.
Which is the Best Outdoor Water Filter in Malaysia?
There are 3 key factors you MUST consider when buying an outdoor water filter in Malaysia:
- NSF tested/certified
- The technology used to filter the water
We will explain each of them later in this guide. For now, the outdoor water filters that fulfil the 3 criteria above are:
- It removes sediments, particulate, sand and rust down to 5 microns (nominal) (10 times finer than a strand of hair).
- Components are certified by NSF International with NSF/ANSI Standard 42*.
- Manufactured from U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) CFR-21-compliant material.
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) cartridge design allows simple cartridge change-out with minimal effort.
- Compact design for limited space.
- 304 stainless steel head and die-cast zinc locking latch to withstand the outdoor environment.
- High flow rate (up to 75.7 litres per minute) so it will not interrupt the water flow rate in your house.
- NSF tested.
- Reduce sediment in pipes and appliances.
- Helps protect dishwasher, clothes washer, water heater and shower.
- Recommended for up to 4 person / 3 bathroom households.
3 Key Factors You Cannot Miss When Buying an Outdoor Water Filter in Malaysia
1) NSF Certification/Testing
You don’t need to be a scientist to find the best outdoor filters that protect your family from harmful impurities in the water. This is because NSF has done the hard work for you.
NSF is an independent organisation that has, since 1944, spent its time evaluating the quality of filtration systems worldwide. They are a respected body and are seen as the main name within the water industry.
If you don’t find the NSF certificate or testing in any water filters, simply walk away and find another one which fulfils this most important factor.
Linked with the above, modern filter systems need to come with the right kind of fitting technology.
For example, 3M AP902’s non-woven pleat filtration media removes sediments, particulate, sand and rust down to 5 microns.
What do 5 microns mean? It means 10 times finer than a strand of hair!
Another technology it incorporates is its high flow rate (up to 75.7 litres per minute). In other words, it does not interrupt the water flow rate in your house.
Many brands today require you to sign up for their long-term maintenance plans.
The truth is, a modern outdoor water filter should allow you to change the cartridge yourself with ease.
This can save you a lot of money and time in the long term. Even better, 3M outdoor water filters allow easy cartridge change-out with no backwash needed.
Aside from the 3 factors above, you should ask yourself “Is the brand credible enough to provide me support when needed?”
We recommend that you take the time to look into the most reputable brands within the industry. Fortune 500 companies like 3M is regarded as the pioneer in the water filtration system.