Removal Capability: Sediment and rust
Replacement Cartridge: 3M AP910-R
- Inlet / Outlet Size: 1″ (2.54 cm) NPT
- Overall weight: Dry – 7 lbs (3.2 kg), Wet – 15 lbs (6.8kg)
Why Filter Your Water
Improve the taste of food and beverages
- Eliminates the need for expensive and bulky store-bought or delivered bottled water.
- Helps to protect expensive plumbing fixtures from scale build-up, which reduces water flow and pressure.
Reduce dry skin and hair
- Reduce dry skin and hair, leaving them softer and smoother.
- Reduce soap scum and residue build-up on showers, tubs and sinks, saving cleaning time and costs by up to 70%.
Increase water efficiency
- Achieve up to 30% water efficiency by reducing scale build-up with filtered water for your laundry, plumbing and appliances.
- Save money by reducing overall soap and detergent use.
- Remove spots, streaks and soap scum on dishes, glassware, silverware, fixtures, tubs and shower enclosures.
Do you face some of the water problems listed below, but do not know the causes of the problems?
Read on for some explanations, causes and advice on what you can do to resolve them.
Chlorine Taste and Odor
Rotten Egg Smell
Home and Health
3M water filters provide you and your family with cleaner, clearer, better-tasting water throughout your entire home every day.
A water filter installed in your home not only ensures that you can enjoy clear tasting water straight from the tap, but you also protect your appliances from scale build-up that reduces the energy efficiency of your appliances.
Chlorine and lead can be found in our water supplies. Refer to the table below to find out the potential health effects and remedies to reduce its presence in your drinking water. It’s your right to drink clean, drink healthy.
How does it enter drinking water?
Many water treatment operations add Chlorine to drinking water as part of the water treatment process and to kill microbes and bacteria in swimming pools.
Lead enters drinking water supplies from the corrosion of household plumbing systems (pipes, solders, fixtures).
What are the potential health effects?
- Chlorine itself usually does not present major health concerns; however, it does affect water taste and odour.
- Chlorine does react with other substances present in water to produce disinfection by-products, such as Trihalomethanes (TTHM).
- Some people who drink water containing TTHM in excess of the EPA’s standard over many years may experience problems with their liver, kidneys, or central nervous system. They may also have an increased risk of getting cancer.
- Lead is a neurotoxin that accumulates in soft tissues and bone.
- Infants, children and pregnant or nursing women are at the greatest risk of lead exposure.
- At relatively low levels of exposure, these effects may include:
i) Interference with red blood cell chemistry.
ii) Delays in normal physical and mental development in babies and young children.
iii) Slight deficits in attention span.
iv) Impaired hearing.
v) Decreased learning abilities in children.
vi) Slight increases in blood pressure in some adults.
How can it be reduced in drinking water?
- Filter your water.
- Look for an NSF certified drinking water filtration system that is certified to reduce chlorine taste and odour and/or TTHM.
- 3M Clean Water Solutions drinking water systems are NSF certified to reduce chlorine taste and odour.
- The 3M™ Advanced Drinking Water System also reduces TTHM.
- Filter your water.
- Look for an NSF certified drinking water filtration system that is certified to reduce lead in drinking water.
- Only use cold water for cooking and drinking: hot water leaches more contaminants from pipes and plumbing into the water.
- Flush pipes before drinking: the longer water sits in a home’s pipes, the more lead it can contain. Let the water run until it gets as cold as possible: anywhere from 30 sec to 2 min – before using.